About Me

My photo
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
My name is Peace Ravenwood and I am a Living Foods educator and experimenter, founder of the School of Living Foods and Alchemy Elixir Cafe ~ based in Northamptonshire UK. I love sharing the gifts and benefits of a life rich in raw foods, and also love spending as much time as possible outside in the garden, growing lots of fresh organic produce to use in the recipes. Wild foraging is also a passion of mine, one which I am constantly learning more about. My life is dedicated to learning and sharing every aspect of life in the raw, from seed ~ stomach ~ spirituality and sensuality. My other loves are of spending time with loved ones Anthony and our tribe of furry companions, reading, researching, writing and a little radical rebellion...my aim here to you is to walk with you while we change our world, one meal at a time Inlakesh Peace xxx

Thursday 7 April 2011

Go Fresh - End of Week One

Good Morning - and another sunny warm day here in the UK...we are being a little spoiled this far with some really lovely days, but a light frost this morning!
One week into Go Fresh and on the whole all is seeming to go really smoothly.  Although I'm approaching the weigh in with some trepidation - this is my fear issues coming out, the dreaded scales!  I must try not to get too worried about what they will read and focus on the whole 11 weeks instead of the first weeks results :0(
Since Fridays kick off food has not been an issue at all, each day was taken as a new day, and I'm proud of myself for keeping to around 98% raw ever day.
Yesterday we went out to dinner with friends, and this is the only time all week that I needed to let my normal way of eating go and allow a cooked dinner in.  Thankfully today I am not suffering for it, and I left around a 1/4 of the food on the plate as I just could not eat it all.
I love that I'm feeling much more satisfied now and am beginning to feel a little less sore in my joints, able to do some deep stretches and some 'belly yoga' - outside on the grass, bare foot, connected to Earth, Sun and Moon!

So, what have I been eating, doing etc?
Well, every day I wake up and drink some lemon water, warmed, with a 1/2 tsp MSM powder.  I sit and read for half an hour while drinking it, to allow my inner system to warm and awaken.  About an hour after I make around 4 pints of green fruit smoothie, with any combination of fruits and greens, including wild greens like dandelion and nettle, and add another 1/2 tsp MSM and 2 tbsp super morning jing powder to tonify the kidneys and liver.
This smoothie lasts me usually until mid afternoon.
OR I will eat half a water melon or other type of melon.  If I start with melon then the smoothie comes around lunch time and lasts the whole day.
During the day I potter around in the garden, do chores, exercise a little, work on my business planning (or plotting), study (raw food nutrition course), walk my beloved dog Aura, read, blog if I have any interesting thoughts or happenings, make raw foods for local stores, things like that.
Today I am making some of the dishes for the lunches on a healing course being held over the weekend, tomorrow will be a full day of food making ready for Saturday delivery, including shopping at the farmers market for ingredients and making LOTS more kale crisps!
For supper I make a large green salad with tomatoes, peppers, cucumber etc, and this keeps me feeling full and happy.
I do like snacking on Kale crisps (common knowledge by now LOL) and try hard to limit them...honest!
What makes it easier for me to stay at this level (higher than I have ever been since starting out a year ago) is keeping my foods really simple, basic, and fresh.  I have learnt to stay away from nuts, seeds (mostly), avocados olives and dehydrated foods of any kind (apart from kale crisps LOL) and desserts other than a small square of raw cacao if I feel the need for extra stimulation.  My main fat portion comes from olive oil on salads or the crisps - no other fat other than what is naturally in the fruits and greens.
I find it easier to stay satisfied and not getting hung up on what to make to eat or if I am getting enough (hope I am) of the nutrients daily - this has been a new experience for me and really has made it easier to allow cooked foods to fall away.  Cooked food smells now actually make me feel a little nauseous unless I am prepared for them in advance!  Even then I often cover my nose and get past them asap!!!
What I love is that every step of this adventure into raw is NEW...ALIVE...FRESH...and EXCITING.
Wishing you all a fabulous day

Peace, love and faery dust xxx

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are enjoying your journey Dawn and I'm sure that releasing what you need to will become effortless. The sunshine does help though doesn't it? Bon voyage cheri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Rawmandy...releasing the waste as we speak...takes such a time to fully heal, but every step is worth it all.
    Loving the sunshine - bought pretty plants today for the pots and some cucumber and tomatoes :0)
    Have a beautiful day xxx

    ReplyDelete